It's always great to know habits that affect happiness, health, productivity, and success. I been reading on these related topics for years to gain wisdom to apply toward a good life! I read a good article by Andrew Merle that shared insights on this succinctly and they match my own reading and personal experience! Here are top 20 best habits for happiness, health, productivity, and success to support you and your endeavors! Hope this helps!
20. Be generous — Spending money on other people leads to greater well-being and happiness than spending it on yourself.
19. Ask more questions and listen. Paul Sloane, author of "The Innovative Leader", says asking questions is the single most important habit for innovative thinkers.
18. Make Your Bed — Making your bed starts a chain reaction of other productive habits throughout the day.
17. Celebrate — Pause to enjoy your successes before moving on to the next thing. David Campbell, former senior fellow with the Center for Creative Leadership, notes: “Celebrations are the punctuation marks that make sense of the passage of time; without them, there are no beginnings and no endings. Life becomes an endless series of Wednesdays.”
16. Smile — The simple act of smiling reduces stress and increases happiness, even if you need to force a smile. Putting on a happy face actually makes you happier.
15. Buy experiences, not things — Research shows that experiences actually bring people more happiness than material goods.
14. Say no more often — Trying to do everything usually means not doing anything very well.
13. Be on time — Being on time is one habit that accomplishes two important things — it melts away stress and improves relationships at the same time. Consider adding a 50% buffer to the amount of time you estimate something will take in order to show up on time.
12. Choose a good attitude — Attitude is a decision that we make every day. Strengthen relationships and increase your chances of success by deciding to have a good one.
11. Block off time on your calendar to think — Take inspiration from top leaders like Jeff Bezos & Bill Gates by building uninterrupted thinking time into your schedule.
10. Don’t check email first thing in the morning or last thing before bed — Email first thing derails your priorities for the day and email right before sleeping gives you insomnia.
9. Do one thing at a time — Do one thing at a time and pay attention while doing it. Giving our attention only to the task at hand enables us to accomplish more while feeling less anxious and less scatterbrained.
8. Wake up early — Get a jump-start on the day and tackle your most important task first-thing.
7. Limit your daily to-do list to your 3 most important items — And watch your productivity skyrocket. This habit is one of the absolute best ways to positively impact your work and life on a daily basis.
6. Write down the 3 things you are most grateful for at the end of each day — Having an attitude of gratitude has been shown to improve mood and physical health. Lewis Howes, author of The School of Greatness, says “If you concentrate on what you have, you’ll always have more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you’ll never have enough.”
5. Eat Food. Not Too Much. Mostly Plants. — This is the philosophy endorsed by leading food researchers. Eat your way to health with this optimal nutrition plan.
4. Read — Reading is one thing all successful people have in common.
3. Get 8 hours of sleep per night — Anything less is not good. Experts recommend sticking to a consistent sleep schedule, going to sleep and waking up at the same time every day.
2. Maintain close relationships — Social connection is the greatest predictor of happiness
1. Exercise — “The single-most powerful tool you have to optimize your brain function,” says John J. Ratey MD in book Spark. Exercising daily can change your life.
Hope you enjoy those 20 best habits for happiness, health, productivity, and success. Learn more wisdom like this at TechAndWisdom.com
Leave a Reply.
Keith Washo, Sales and Marketing Exec & Published Author, From Silicon Valley To Research Triangle Park
Visit Our Other Property:
Thank you sponsor: