Today NC IDEA, in conjunction with the Governor’s Entrepreneurial Council (GEC), hosted the inaugural North Carolina Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Summit with the ambition to catalyze entrepreneurship as an economic development strategy for the state of North Carolina. The Ecosystem Summit is an official event of Global Entrepreneurship Week where from November 12-18, as part of GEW, 10 million people in 170 countries will take part in 39,000 events, and activities that help make it possible for anyone, anywhere to start and scale a business.
The Ecosystem Summit brought together the people and organizations who support, encourage and nourish North Carolina’s entrepreneurs to share what is working; address issues and concerns; meet and network with those doing similar work in other communities; and celebrate and promote entrepreneurs and their successes across the state. One of the most interesting presentations was the, The Entrepreneurial Mindset Imperative. In this talk the perception was shared on how the world has changed in ways that now require everyone to be more innovative and entrepreneurial regardless of their chosen path. The theory goes, if we are to adapt and thrive in a rapidly changing world, we must recognize the entrepreneurial mindset as a teachable framework for thinking that can empower anyone to succeed. We enjoyed a great message from Gary Schoeniger, Founder and CEO, The Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative. Here is a summary of some key points shared to support your life and career:
We enjoyed a great night, with great content from featured speaker Doug Kaufman, former CEO of Transloc. Doug shared a message for all salespeople around this theme, "if you want to make serious money, stop focusing on money". Doug is a serial entrepreneur with great experience and shared some good wisdom. Here is summary of some key points to help you with your journey!
Special thanks to Vince Beese and Eric Boggs with T-Rex for putting on this nice event, speaker Doug Kaufman for presenting, and tasty pizza from sponsor DeMos with support from Will Barfield with "Barfield Revenue Consulting"!
Tom, author of the book, "Evolve or Die: Lessons for World-Class Innovation & Creativity" delivered an innovative keynote that entertained and educated giving practical knowledge to impact your business and personal life. Some of the topics discussed at AlphaGraphics were:
It's always great to know habits that affect happiness, health, productivity, and success. I been reading on these related topics for years to gain wisdom to apply toward a good life! I read a good article by Andrew Merle that shared insights on this succinctly and they match my own reading and personal experience! Here are top 20 best habits for happiness, health, productivity, and success to support you and your endeavors! Hope this helps!
20. Be generous — Spending money on other people leads to greater well-being and happiness than spending it on yourself.
19. Ask more questions and listen. Paul Sloane, author of "The Innovative Leader", says asking questions is the single most important habit for innovative thinkers.
18. Make Your Bed — Making your bed starts a chain reaction of other productive habits throughout the day.
17. Celebrate — Pause to enjoy your successes before moving on to the next thing. David Campbell, former senior fellow with the Center for Creative Leadership, notes: “Celebrations are the punctuation marks that make sense of the passage of time; without them, there are no beginnings and no endings. Life becomes an endless series of Wednesdays.”
16. Smile — The simple act of smiling reduces stress and increases happiness, even if you need to force a smile. Putting on a happy face actually makes you happier.
15. Buy experiences, not things — Research shows that experiences actually bring people more happiness than material goods.
14. Say no more often — Trying to do everything usually means not doing anything very well.
13. Be on time — Being on time is one habit that accomplishes two important things — it melts away stress and improves relationships at the same time. Consider adding a 50% buffer to the amount of time you estimate something will take in order to show up on time.
12. Choose a good attitude — Attitude is a decision that we make every day. Strengthen relationships and increase your chances of success by deciding to have a good one.
11. Block off time on your calendar to think — Take inspiration from top leaders like Jeff Bezos & Bill Gates by building uninterrupted thinking time into your schedule.
10. Don’t check email first thing in the morning or last thing before bed — Email first thing derails your priorities for the day and email right before sleeping gives you insomnia.
9. Do one thing at a time — Do one thing at a time and pay attention while doing it. Giving our attention only to the task at hand enables us to accomplish more while feeling less anxious and less scatterbrained.
8. Wake up early — Get a jump-start on the day and tackle your most important task first-thing.
7. Limit your daily to-do list to your 3 most important items — And watch your productivity skyrocket. This habit is one of the absolute best ways to positively impact your work and life on a daily basis.
6. Write down the 3 things you are most grateful for at the end of each day — Having an attitude of gratitude has been shown to improve mood and physical health. Lewis Howes, author of The School of Greatness, says “If you concentrate on what you have, you’ll always have more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you’ll never have enough.”
5. Eat Food. Not Too Much. Mostly Plants. — This is the philosophy endorsed by leading food researchers. Eat your way to health with this optimal nutrition plan.
4. Read — Reading is one thing all successful people have in common.
3. Get 8 hours of sleep per night — Anything less is not good. Experts recommend sticking to a consistent sleep schedule, going to sleep and waking up at the same time every day.
2. Maintain close relationships — Social connection is the greatest predictor of happiness
1. Exercise — “The single-most powerful tool you have to optimize your brain function,” says John J. Ratey MD in book Spark. Exercising daily can change your life.
Hope you enjoy those 20 best habits for happiness, health, productivity, and success. Learn more wisdom like this at TechAndWisdom.com
The Innovation Summit is here bringing people together to re-imagine the way we live, work, and play. The conference brought together business owners, thought leaders, change-makers, and entrepreneurs to discuss, challenge, and learn about innovation in a cross-disciplinary environment. The focus for this year's conference was around sustainability. The event defined sustainability as it relates to individual industries per socio-cultural, economic, and ecological initiatives. A wonderful conference packed with engaging interactive talks with audience-generated content, hands-on workshops with resources as takeaways, and connections with industry experts in an accessible, open forum. We went beyond conversation and took some new first steps to break barriers, build relationships, and forge a better future. Here is some key wisdom points shared from the speakers:
This year Innovate Raleigh led a conference looking at the future of region by exploring how global trends like climate change, population growth, and AI will impact the region over the next 30 years. It was a great conference discussing the future of sustainable development, entrepreneurship, and technology. Specifically the theme around how forward-thinking leadership and innovative thinking are paramount to the community’s success. This Summit served as a catalyst for ideas for innovation and connected to the work of the many partners in the region. Here was some key agenda items and points shared at conference that stood out:
Today a great conference was held in Durham called, "Think Outside The Bowl". The event provided both inspirational and hands-on sessions to help companies increase loyalty, word-of-mouth, and most importantly, revenue. At this event they indeed took a deep dive to help your organization stand out in a sea of sameness! The conference brought together expert faculty to teach approaches to Customer Experience, Brand Experience, and Employee Experience. The point was by focusing on experience design, companies can achieve greater results. Here is some of the top wisdom shared today at this conference:
"Take care of your associates and they will take care of your customers"- JW Marriott
Ever wondered what it's like to work as a freelancer? Do you dream of setting your own schedule and working wherever you choose? Today the Tech Talent South org hosted a great panel around this topic, "How To Be A Freelancer", where local techies discussed their journey in deciding to work for themselves, their greatest challenges, tips for getting started, and what it takes to be successful. Here is some of the wisdom shared to support your journey!
Tonight thanks to the Triangle Revenue Exchange, T-REX org, we met at WeWork in downtown Durham to enjoy great food, beverages, networking, and learning. T-REX brought in a great speaker Corey Richardson, the Vice President of Sales at Teamworks, who presented their team approach to selling. A great talk around how through collaboration and team work you can secure new business and renew clients at a high rate. Here was some of the wisdom shared:
A special thanks to T-REX, short for the Revenue Exchange (http://therevenueexchange.com) for event and WeWork for hosting, Corey Richardson from Teamworks, and sponsors!
Lights, Camera, Action! You don't usually think of innovation and wisdom when it comes to live music & entertainment productions, but certainly Cirque du Soleil and the bigger productions like Phantom Of The Opera paved the way with newness around events and musical theater. Well this new production called "The L.OV.E Show" does both with an innovative experience format both an event and musical theater like show featuring singers, songwriters, spoken word, comedy, visuals, and videos performed and shared by rising star talent along side wisdom story telling all around the theme of LOVE!
The next show is at The Cary Theater in Raleigh, NC this Saturday August 31st for a 3pm and 7pm showing and has the best rising star talent in North Carolina performing their hearts out all on one stage for one day! It's a great date night and family affair to sit back, relax, and enjoy a memorable experience that will evoke all the wonderful emotions around the theme of love. The VIP seats also include a glass of wine and chocolate! Now that is romantic!
If you want to learn more about this innovative event and show sharing wisdom around the theme of L.O.V.E check out their website at www.LoveShowEntertainment.com or their L.O.V.E Show pages on Facebook, LinkedIN, and YouTube! Enjoy and feel the love!
Lastly, as a bonus, you can win two free tickets to The L.O.V.E. Show here:
Thank you sponsor: