RevBoss and ExitEvent hosted SalesJam at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park in Durham today. This was a half-day event combining speakers,content, and networking with aim to help sales pros build more effective sales organizations and deliver more sales results. It was presented by sales development software provider RevBoss and powered by ExitEvent. Keynoting the event was Brad Brinegar, CEO of the global ad agency McKinney. He shared experiences helping companies like Sherman Williams and Travelocity meet sales and revenue goals through successful marketing and branding campaigns. In addition, Todd Barr, the former vice president of sales and marketing at Ansible who now leads the division inside Red Hat. Other speakers included, Sue Harnett, founder of Replay Photos and Rewriting the Code; Justin Winter, co-founder of Boostopia and Diamond Candles; Brandon Walker, vice president of sales at Untappd, and Larry Long, vice president of business development at Pendo.
This was a great sales training event both inspiring and educational providing access to some of the most successful sales leaders and entrepreneurs in NC, who provided best practices and tips for sales success. Here is my take on key points shared:
II. 5 Steps For Closing Deals Successfully:
1) Make sure you are talking to the right decision maker who can help you win the deal.
2) Demonstrate ROI and solid data that shows how product/service will help their customers and business in tangible ways. Build up so much value that the price looks small in comparison. Make product a "Must Have" vs. "Nice to have" for their business.
3) "Roll into price casually". Present the value proposition so strongly so when you offer the price they think it will be much higher so price comes across like a great deal!
4) Listen closely with empathy to any objections and work to overcome them with best efforts and strong diligence.
5) Ask for the sale and ask for next steps to move forward. Work toward a firm yes or no.
Overall a great sales event here in Raleigh-Durham. Special thanks to all the speakers and RevBoss and ExitEvent for hosting!